Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.Rinse 4 porks chops and dry on a piece of absorbant paper.
- 2 min.Rub both sides with a sprig of rosemary.
- 2 min.Salt and pepper both sides.
Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- 4 min.Use a frying pan that can go in the oven. Pour in 2 tablespoons olive oil and put on high heat.
When the oil is really hot, fry the chops quickly to brown them on both sides (about 2 minutes on each side).
- 15 min.Take off the heat, add the sprigs of rosemary to the pan with the chopped shallot and a knob of butter on each chop.
Cook in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- 1 min.5 minutes before the end of cooking, you can pop a slice of your preferred cheese on each chop.
- Serve piping hot with your choice of accompaniment. Here, I have chosen pan-fried mushrooms.
Remarks:If you will be adding cheese, only salt the meat very lightly beforehand.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Pork chop: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Pork chops in the oven, Pork chops with a duo of brassicas, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Almond tuiles, "BN style" chocolate-filled biscuits, Icelandic-style fish and vegetable pie, Italian toast, Moist Lemon Cake, ... [All]
- Rosemary: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Spaghetti Bolognese, Rabbit civet, Stuffed tomatoes and courgettes, Veal Chop With Assortment of Vegetables, Beef braised in reduced red wine, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Eggs in tomato shells, Pollack Parmentier, Tomato meat balls, Parcels of fish fillet in spinach, Pork medallions with "full" turnips, ... [All]