Step by step recipe:
- The challenge: use the whole of the turnips in this recipe, both roots and tops.
For this, the turnips need to be freshly harvested, otherwise the green tops will wilt rapidly.
- 5 min.Cut the greeen tops off 500 g turnips, remove the tough ends of the leaf stalks, then put to soak in water with a little vinegar added.
- 2 min.Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and blanch the washed turnip greens for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 2 min.Remove the greeens from the boiling water and plunge them into icy cold water.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Peel the turnips and remove the hard leaf bases at the top.
- 7 min.
- 1 min.
- 10 min.
- 5 min.Take the cooked turnips out of the stock, hollow out the centres to allow for filling, preferably using a pommes parisiennes spoon.
Keep the flesh scooped out for the filling.
- 3 min.Put into a blender goblet: the reduced cream, the cooked turnip greens and the centres of the turnips.
- 2 min.Blend thoroughly...
- 2 min....and pour into the pan used for the cream. Check the seasoning again and keep hot.
- 5 min.Slice 700 g pork loin into medallions, i.e. fairly thickly. Salt and pepper on both sides.
Heat the plates.
- 10 min.Pour 5 tablespoons olive oil into a large frying pan on high heat.
When really hot, add the turnips and brown all over.
Push the turnips to one side and fry the pork medallions.
- Serve 1,2 or 3 pork medallions per person with 1 or 2 turnips, filled with the green cream.
Remarks:In step 7, you can use chicken stock or just salted boiling water if you don't have any vegetable stock.
If your turnips do not come with green tops, you can use a large bunch of parsley instead.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Pork loin: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Loin of pork with herbs and julienne vegetables , Involtini-Style Filet Mignon , Filet mignon with mustard and tarragon sauce, Mexican-style pork medallions , Larded pork tenderloin, ... [All]
- Turnip: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Couscous, Sautéed Pork with Peanuts, Minestrone, Thaï rice with small vegetables, Stock-pot fish , ... [All]
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Household cake (Gâteau de ménage), Stuffed pumpkin gratin, Maroilles cheese quiche, Sauce Normande (for fish), Chilli langoustines, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mushrooms on toast, French style, Rolled chestnut and apple brioche, Bechamel sauce, Ramekins of duchess potatoes, Langoustine sabayon tart, ... [All]