Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Remove stalks from 1 bunch parsley.
- 1 min.Boil a pan of salted water, put parsley leaves in for just 30 seconds.
- 2 min.Remove leaves from the boiling water, and plunge immediately into very cold water.
You just have blanched the parsley, to keep the nice green colour.
- 5 min.Drain and dry leaves in a strainer by pressing them down in it.
- 5 min.Finish removing water by putting leaves on absorbant paper, and squeezing gently.
- 2 min.
- 3 min.Blend until you get a thick liquid sauce.
Remarks:This sauce can't be kept waiting, otherwise it will loose its great green colour. If you absolutely need to keep it for a while, add a pinch vitamin C before blending.
To make a coulis instead of a sauce, replace olive oil with ice-cold water (or dry white wine), and only add the juice of half a lemon.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: "Land and sea" kebabs, Langoustine and leek tarts, Green asparagus omelette, Crispy prawn rolls, Rustic chicken and mushroom pie, ... [All]
- Parsley: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Country vegetable soup, Salmon rillettes, Sarladaise potatoes, Cabbage julienne with ham, Quartet of brassicas with cream , ... [All]
- Lemon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cretan-style salmon , Fish in white wine, Cucumber and salmon salad, Clementine sorbet, Lille style chicken, ... [All]