Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.
- 6 min.
- 7 min.
- 3 min.
- 1 min.
- 1 min.Add 4 sprigs parsley whole (it is important to include the stalks) and mix well.
- 7 min.Add 100 ml dry white wine and leave to reduce by 3/4.
- 3 min.Add 350 ml fish fumet (stock) and bring to the boil.
- 2 min.
Finish the sauceAdd the blond roux all at once and beat in with a whisk. The mixture will thicken immediately.
- 3 min.Strain the sauce through a fine strainer, collecting the liquid in a saucepan. Discard the contents of the strainer.
- 5 min.Finish by adding 150 ml liquid cream, bring to the boil and leave on low heat for 5 minutes.
Your sauce normande is ready.
Remarks:For a more modern touch, you can replace the roux with a little cornflour (corn starch) mixed with cold water.
Recipes which use it: 1
Source:After Gaston Lenôtre.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Fish fumet: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fish petals, vegetables julienne, and beurre blanc, Salmon rillettes, Salmon with sorrel, Salmon "en papillote" with small vegetables, Pollack Parmentier, ... [All]
- Mushrooms: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Melt-in-the mouth meat and vegetables in a sealed casserole, Stuffed Mushrooms, Mushroom buckwheat pancakes, Lumberjack turnovers, Penne with Mushrooms, ... [All]
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Turnip and sesame puree (tahina) soup, Pain perdu, Summer Salmon Blanquette, Crème de foie gras, Vanilla ice cream, ... [All]
- Dry white wine: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Montbenoit's canapés, Blanquette of veal, Purple artichokes braised in white wine, Seven-hour lamb, French onion soup, ... [All]