Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Cut 150 g tomato in half, remove the central hard part if it is large (see the left hand tomato "with" and the right hand "without").
- Do this for all the tomatoes.
- 5 min.Put into the food processor bowl: 100 g whole almonds, 1 bunch basil, 150 g Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan), the tomato halves, 6 tablespoons olive oil, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- 3 min.Blend until this forms a purée.
- Your tomato pesto is ready, and will transform a simple pasta dish into a refined feast.
Remarks:You will notice that this tomato pesto is more liquid that the classic version, but it freezes just as well.
Source:Home-made, based on a recipe shown on GlobalMag.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Tomato: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Warm broccoli and Tuna Salad, Bread with Tomato , Pan bagnat, Tomato tatin, Prawn salad with a crunch, ... [All]
- Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan): You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Penne with purple artichokes, Leek and artichoke tart à la piémontaise, Spaghetti with smoked salmon, Special Parmesan baguettes, Spinach and ricotta ravioli, ... [All]
- Whole almonds: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate thins with toasted nuts, Chinese style chicken, Beetroot and fried chicken salad, Nougat, Chocolate Truffles, ... [All]