Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.Choose 8 Pears, fully ripe, and if possible of 4 different kinds.
- 15 min.Peel pears, cut into 4, or 8 for large ones.
- 10 min.Cut each quarter into small pieces.
Put these in a bowl with 2 glasses Sugar syrup, to prevent turning brown.
- 2 min.Cut off ends of 1 vanilla pod, split in two lengthways.
- 3 min.Scrape inside each half to remove small black grains of vanilla, add these to the pears and syrup, and well mix.
- 5 min.Add the juice of 1 lime and 1 tablespoon pear eau-de-vie if desired, mix again thoroughly, and frigerate until dessert time.
Serve cool, garnished with a mint leaf.
Remarks:Pears turn brown very fast once peeled, so to prevent this I sugest you prepare one pear at a time, I mean: peel a pear, remove core, cut in pieces and mix in the bowl with the others. Then they oly be exposed to the air for the minimum timw after peeling.
Another possibility is to add some vitamin C to your syrup.
Anyhow, this recipe is a delicate preparation which doesn't keep, and must stay in the fridge protected from air by plastic film.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Pears: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sautéed pears with custard and orange syrup , Fruit salad, Pears and caramelised walnut samosas , Fresh fruit in sabayon, Pear and lime meringue pie, ... [All]
- Fresh mint leaves: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Minted Melon, Framboisier, Peach and mint salad , Peach and blackcurrant coupe, Strawberries with mint and cream, ... [All]
- Sugar syrup: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Framboisier, Toasted flaked almonds, Pavlova, Raspberry sorbet, Pear charlotte, ... [All]
- Vanilla pod: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pears in red wine with blackcurrant , How to use a vanilla pod effectively, Flognarde, Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream), Cannelés, ... [All]