Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.Choose 8 Pears, fully ripe, and if possible of 4 different kinds.
- 15 min.Peel pears, cut into 4, or 8 for large ones.
- 10 min.Cut each quarter into small pieces.
Put these in a bowl with 2 glasses Sugar syrup, to prevent turning brown.
- 2 min.Cut off ends of 1 vanilla pod, split in two lengthways.
- 3 min.Scrape inside each half to remove small black grains of vanilla, add these to the pears and syrup, and well mix.
- 5 min.Add the juice of 1 lime and 1 tablespoon pear eau-de-vie if desired, mix again thoroughly, and frigerate until dessert time.
Serve cool, garnished with a mint leaf.
Remarks:Pears turn brown very fast once peeled, so to prevent this I sugest you prepare one pear at a time, I mean: peel a pear, remove core, cut in pieces and mix in the bowl with the others. Then they oly be exposed to the air for the minimum timw after peeling.
Another possibility is to add some vitamin C to your syrup.
Anyhow, this recipe is a delicate preparation which doesn't keep, and must stay in the fridge protected from air by plastic film.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Fresh mint leaves: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Peach and mint salad , Chicken club sandwich, Courgette tart with mint, Marinated tuna with herbs, Half-cooked chocolate cake with raspberry coulis, ... [All]
- Pears: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Apple and pear tart, Pears and caramelised walnut samosas , Belle-helene in a glass, Pear and lime meringue pie, Yvetot Douillons, ... [All]
- Sugar syrup: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Framboisier, Melon with port sorbet, Individual charlottes with morello cherries, Strawberry-mint sorbet, Blackcurrant, vanilla and lime verrine , ... [All]
- Vanilla pod: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rice pudding with fruit and nuts, Lemon Confectioner's Custard, Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream), How to use a vanilla pod effectively, Rum babas, ... [All]