Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.
- 2 min.Weigh out 350 g ground almonds. Set aside.
- 3 min.
- 3 min.When the egg whites are fully beaten and glossy, reduce the speed slightly and gradually add the rest of the sugar.
- 1 min.When all the sugar is mixed in, stop beating and tip in the ground almonds, all in one go, with 3 drops bitter almond essence.
- 4 min.Fold in gently with a soft spatula...
- ...until evenly mixed. Do not mix for too long as there is no need to mix really thoroughly.
- 5 min.
- 2 min.If your amaretti have points on the top, you can smooth these down with a teaspoon dipped in milk.
- 1 min.Dust with icing sugar if desired.
- 40 min.
Cook the amarettiBake for about 40 minutes, until the amaretti are just beginning to take on a creamy colour.