Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.
- 2 min.Put this mixture into a food-mixer bowl and add 1 tablespoon Brandy (Cognac or Armagnac).
- 1 min.Start mixing and add the egg white a little at a time until the dough clumps into a ball (this only takes a few seconds).
Stop the mixer immediately so as not to overheat the marzipan.
- 3 min.Flatten the Armagnac marzipan into a "cake" and wrap with plastic film. Keep in the fridge until needsd.
Remarks:Feel free to adjust the quantity of Armagnac to suit your taste, either more or less.
You can vary this recipe by using another favourite alcohol from your own "cellar". It is worth noting that, traditionally, any marzipan that is not plain is left uncoloured.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Walnut paste, Swiss meringues, Little Christmas biscuits, Macarons (the original French macaroons) , How to make marzipan decorations, ... [All]
- Ground almonds: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Apple Strudel, Almond cream or frangipane, Nanou's chocolate cake, Caribbean upside-down cake, Amaretti, ... [All]
- Egg white: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Walnut paste, Stuffed prunes, Almond macaroon cake, Two-coloured chocolate-orange tart, Financiers, ... [All]
- Brandy (Cognac or Armagnac): You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Pâté de campagne, Cocktail sauce, Foie gras cured in salt, Crème de foie gras, Stuffed prunes, ... [All]