Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.
- Place the lined tins or moulds on a baking sheet.
- You can also use muffin moulds, in which case it's better to cut out a circle of pastry with a cutter, then transfer this to the mould.
- Prepare 200 g Stewed apple (compote), 200 g Rice pudding (riz au lait) and 200 g Almond cream or frangipane, or take out of the fridge if already made.
The ingredients are easier to use when nice and soft, so it's worth leaving the almond cream at room temperature for a couple of hours. Soften the rice pudding a little if necessary by mixing in 1 or 2 tablespoonsful of cream.
- 5 min.Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F).
Spread a layer of stewed apple in the bottom of each tart case.
- 5 min.Then add a layer of rice pudding.
- 5 min.And top with almond cream.
- 40 min.Bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes (watch for colouring). Remove from the tins or moulds as soon as possible and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- This can be made as one large tart to be served in slices, rather than several small ones.
Remarks:Important: amandines don't keep well, as eventually the stewed apple will make the pastry go soft. They are best eaten the day they are made and slightly warm if possible.
Source:Home made, and warmly dedicated to Robert and Anne.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pear and lime meringue pie, Apricot and almond cream tart, Exotic fruit tart, Bounty-style tart for Alison, Peach and green tea tart, ... [All]
- Stewed apple (compote): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Amiens macaroons, Express apple tart, Apple charlotte with toasted brioche, Apple and pear tart, Linzer torte, ... [All]
- Rice pudding (riz au lait): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Caramel rice pudding, ... [All]