Step by step recipe:
- 1 min.Plunge 300 g raisins into a saucepan of boiling water and leave for 30 seconds.
- 30 min.Drain the raisins thoroughly, then plunge into 200 ml rum.
Cover and leave for at least half an hour. This can be done the day before.
- 1 min.Drain the rasins thoroughly, then put to wait on absorbant paper.
Keep the rum used for soaking in a sealed container. It can be used several times for the same recipe or another that uses soaked raisins.
- 3 min.
- 3 min.
- 11 min.Knead on slow speed for 3 minutes, then 8 minutes on slightly higher speed.
- 6 min.Add the butter on slow speed and knead until fully incorporated.
- 3 min.Finish by adding the raisins and knead for a further minute to mix them in well.
- 12 hoursCover the dough with plastic film to avoid it forming a crust, then refrigerate overnight.
- 2 min.Next day, tip the dough out onto a floured worktop.
- 3 min.Roll out into a large rectangle the same width as your tin or mould.
Scatter 50 g Pearl sugar over the rectangle.
- 3 min.Roll up the dough into a cylinder.
- 1 min.Lay the roll in your tin or mould (this is an ordinary loaf tin).
Cover with plastic sheet and leave in a warm place to rest for two and a half hours.
- Note: If you are using brioche moulds, cut chunks off the cylinder and stand them on end in the mould.
- 1 min.Preheat the oven to 340°F (170°C).
Glaze the top of the cramique.
- 2 min.Scatter a little pearl sugar over and make a cut along the top (optional).
- 45 min.Bake for 45 minutes.
- Turn out while hot and leave to cool on a wire rack.
Remarks:You can use a darker brown or caster sugar instead of lighter brown.
Source:Based on a recipe from the INBP (French professional bakery institute).
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate almond cookies, Nantes Tourton, Tomato tatin, Buckwheat almond biscuits, "BN style" chocolate-filled biscuits, ... [All]
- Raisins: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Apple Strudel, 3-fruit brioche loaf, Benoîton, Dublin fruit scones, You should not add raisins to recipes dry , ... [All]
- Rum: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Pecan fruit rolls , Little apple turnovers with almonds and raisins, Pancake batter, Pains briochés aux raisins, Gâteau Nantais, ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Prune Far, Oat shortbread biscuits, Cannelés, Potato Waffles with Smoked Salmon, Checkerboard biscuits, ... [All]