Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Melt 30 g butter in a small pan on low heat and bring to the boil.
- 10 min.Toss your chosen herbs into the butter (thyme, bay, rosemary and sage shown here).
Leave on low heat for 2 minutes, then take off the heat and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- 2 min.Strain through a very fine strainer...
- ...to finish your herb butter.
- 20 min.Prepare the cauliflower and separate into medium-sized florets.
- 4 min.Blanch the cauliflower in salted boiling water for 4 minutes.
- 2 min.Drain thoroughly.
Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- 3 min.Lay the cauliflower florets on a baking sheet.
- 4 min.Brush with the herb butter.
- 2 min.Lightly salt and pepper the cauliflower and scatter a few thyme leaves on the top.
- 20 min.Roast for about 20 minutes until the cauliflower is nicely browned.
Remarks:For the herb butter, choose herbs that can be used either fresh or dried (thyme, bay, etc), or a mix such as Herbes de Provence.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cauliflower: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Creamy Winter Vegetable Soup, Warm cauliflower salad with two cheeses, Thaï rice with small vegetables, Vegetable tartare, How to prepare cauliflower, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Breton sablé biscuit dough, French croissants, Apple charlotte with toasted brioche, Italian toast, Scrambled eggs (Oeufs brouillés), ... [All]
- Thyme: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Potimarron braised in meat jus, Fish in white wine, Herb salad, Roast beef "like they do it in Santa Fe", Pâté de campagne, ... [All]
- Salt: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sliced chicken with mushrooms and broccoli, Pan-fried scallops and chanterelles with Noilly Prat sauce, Flaky chocolate brioche, Colcannon, Fish fillet with preserved lemons, ... [All]