Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Preheat oven to 356°F (180°C).
Chop 90 g dried apricots into small pieces.
- 5 min.Soak 90 g raisins 5 minutes in boiling water to swell them, then drain and dry .
- 5 min.Roughly chop 30 g whole almonds, 30 g pistachios and 30 g walnut kernels.
- 5 min.In a bowl, put dried apricots, raisins, almonds, pistachios and walnuts, 50 g ground almonds, 70 g brown sugar, 150 g rolled oats and 20 g flaked almonds, mix well.
- 5 min.Melt 100 g butter, and add it with 70 g maple syrup to the mixture.
- 10 min.To make rounds use moulds, otherwise shape with your hands.
- 30 min.To make bars, use your hands to make them of about 5 cm or 2 inches long.
Bake for about 30 minutes, but watch colour towards the end.
- Turn out while still warm. Store in an airtight box or jar, but not for too long.
Remarks:It's a fairly vague recipe, you can change proportions or ingredients to your own taste.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Rolled oats: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Oat financiers for Louise, Oaty walnut cake , Chocolate cereal bars, Oatmeal cake, Oat shortbread biscuits, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Langoustine and leek tarts, Foie gras fingers, Arlesian Biscuits, Panettone, Lobster Thermidor, ... [All]
- Dried apricots: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pecan fruit rolls , Crusty pistachio, almond and apricot flan, Frozen Nougat, Rice pudding with fruit and nuts, Chocolate cereal bars, ... [All]
- Raisins: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Pains briochés aux raisins, Pecan fruit rolls , Cramique, Chocolate cereal bars, Apple Strudel, ... [All]