Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.The day before, prepare 400 g Brioche dough and divide it into 100 g pieces.
- 12 min.On baking day, roll out each lump of dough into a rectangle the same size as your tin or mould.
- 2 min.Lay the first rectangle in the bottom of the tin.
It doesn't matter if the dough is a bit too big, just fold up the edges (like in this photo), but it mustn't be too small.
- 3 min.Arrange 100 g dried apricots in an even layer.
- 4 min.Lay a second rectangle of brioche dough on top.
Spread 100 g raisins on top.
- 4 min.Lay the third rectangle of brioche dough on top.
Spread 100 g dried cranberries on top.
- 2 min.Finish with the fourth rectangle of brioche dough...
- 2 min....and glaze the top.
- 1 hour 30 min.Leave in a warm place to rise for about an hour and a half.
Glaze the top again.
- 2 min.Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Cover the tin or mould with either a suitable flat lid or a baking sheet upside down over the top and weight this down with anything heavy that can go in the oven.
This will give your loaf a nice flat top.
- 45 min.Bake for about 45 minutes, then remove the lid as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Turn out the loaf and leave to cool on a wire rack.
Remarks:The initial amounts, 400 g brioche dough divided into four 100 g pieces, work for a 2l (approx. 4 pt) tin or mould, 26x10x10 cm (10x4x4 inches). You should adapt the quantities if your tin or mould is smaller.
This recipe can be varied using any other dried fruit you like.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Brioche dough: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Brioche Tatin, Brioche galette, Brioche feuilletée (flaky brioche), Mini apricot and pistachio brioches, Agen prune cake, ... [All]
- Dried apricots: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rice pudding with fruit and nuts, Frozen Nougat, Crusty pistachio, almond and apricot flan, Chocolate cereal bars, Pecan fruit rolls , ... [All]
- Raisins: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Apple Strudel, Cramique, Sweet pancake rolls from Brittany, Chocolate cereal bars, Panettone, ... [All]