Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.
- 7 min.Put the saucepan on medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- 1 min.Remove from the heat and tip in the flour and baking powder.
- 2 min.Mix well with a whisk to make a smooth batter.
- 10 min.Put a first layer of batter in the bottom of the moulds or tins, then place a small spoonful of marmalade on top.
- 1 hourCover with more batter and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 20 min.Preheat the oven to 210°C (410°F).
Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely before eating.
Remarks:For a more traditional flavour, add a little mixed spice (or the special French "pain d'épices" blend if you can find it).
You can also vary the main flavour by using a different zest and marmalade (lime, for example), or simply use jam; blackcurrant is delicious.
Source:Home made based on internet research.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Spring veal sauté , Cookies, Lumberjack turnovers, Saucipain, Pesto crackers, ... [All]
- Honey: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Gingerbread, Nougat, Chocolate madeleines, Panettone, Cranachan, ... [All]
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Ali Baba bread, Bacon rolls, Minestrone, Eggs meurette, Cornmeal baps for Anne, ... [All]