Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 4 min.
- 2 min.
Prepare the lemon dressing
In a small bowl mix the juice of half a lemon with salt and pepper.
Add 4 tablespoons olive oil and mix again.
- 1 min.
Put the salad together
Take the artichokes out of the water and dry thoroughly on a tea-towel.
- 2 min.Put them into a salad bowl with the herbs and onion. Pour the dressing over and give and initial mix.
- 3 min.Add 30 g Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan) in fine shavings, cut with a vegetable peeler, for example.
- 1 min.Finish by mixing once more and your salad is ready.
Remarks:Raw artichokes usually turn brown (oxidise) very rapidly, so you need to protect them from the air as soon as they are peeled. That is why we plunge them in water with lemon juice in this recipe. Later, they are mixed with the dressing quickly.
For a more leomny flavour, grate a little zest over the bowl.
And to drink?A chilled rosé from Provence, or any rosé made with cabernet franc would go well.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan): You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Broad bean salad with Parmesan, Gratin of purple artichokes, Tomato feuilleté with pesto, Spinach and ricotta ravioli, Spaghetti Carbonara, ... [All]
- Purple artichoke: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Penne with purple artichokes, Leek and artichoke tart à la piémontaise, Artichokes with beef, Roast pork with sage, cooked in a bag., Harvest Gratin, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Eggs en Cocotte à la Française, Potimarron (chestnut pumpkin) "au gratin", Celeriac and mushroom gratin, Eggs with tomatoes and courgettes, Little vegetable omelettes, ... [All]
- Lemon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pear and lime meringue pie, Multicoloured cucumber-tomato salad, Santiago Cake, Houmous, Soufflée omelette with cheese, ... [All]