Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 4 min.
- 2 min.
Prepare the lemon dressing
In a small bowl mix the juice of half a lemon with salt and pepper.
Add 4 tablespoons olive oil and mix again.
- 1 min.
Put the salad together
Take the artichokes out of the water and dry thoroughly on a tea-towel.
- 2 min.Put them into a salad bowl with the herbs and onion. Pour the dressing over and give and initial mix.
- 3 min.Add 30 g Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan) in fine shavings, cut with a vegetable peeler, for example.
- 1 min.Finish by mixing once more and your salad is ready.
Remarks:Raw artichokes usually turn brown (oxidise) very rapidly, so you need to protect them from the air as soon as they are peeled. That is why we plunge them in water with lemon juice in this recipe. Later, they are mixed with the dressing quickly.
For a more leomny flavour, grate a little zest over the bowl.
And to drink?A chilled rosé from Provence, or any rosé made with cabernet franc would go well.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan): You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Leek and artichoke tart à la piémontaise, Crispy rolls with chicken and leek, Spaghetti with mussels and basil, Pesto crackers, Green asparagus omelette, ... [All]
- Purple artichoke: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Gratin of purple artichokes, Purple artichokes braised in white wine, Artichokes with beef, Penne with purple artichokes, Leek and artichoke tart à la piémontaise, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chicken and mushroom pie, Feta and spinach brik pie, Feta and spinach brik pie, Mexican-style pork medallions , Crispy prawn rolls, ... [All]