Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Clean and trim 8 fillets of red mullet, being careful to remove any remaining bones. Rinse and dry the fish, then salt and pepper on both sides.
- 2 min.Lightly flour the side without skin.
- 2 min.Use a large saucepn which is not non-stick (this is important for the sauce later).
Put on high heat and pour in 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- 4 min.When the oil is really hot, gently add the fish, skin-side downwards to start with.
Turn over after 2 minutes.
- 3 min.
- 3 min.Put the finely chopped 2 spring onions (scallions) into the fish pan and cook in what is left of the oil.
Salt and pepper lightly.
When the onions are just cooked, pour in 200 ml dry white wine all at once.
- 5 min.Deglaze by scraping the bottom of the pan, then leave to reduce by about 2/3. There should be very little liquid left.
- 1 min.Finish by adding a little chopped parsley and remove from the heat.
Remarks:You can use this recipe for other types of fish fillet, just take care not to overcook them.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Dry white wine: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Creamy risotto with vegetables , Blanquette of veal, French onion soup, Rabbit with mustard, Creamy risotto with diced vegetables and flax seeds, ... [All]
- Fillet of red mullet: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Canapés of red mullet with poppy seeds, Red mullet fillets in a quick marinade, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomato ladybirds, Tapenade, Warm scallop and cabbage salad, Crispy rolls with chicken and leek, Italian style gratin, ... [All]
- Spring onion (scallion): You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Purple artichokes braised in white wine, Pan bagnat, Salmon "en papillote" with small vegetables, Warm cauliflower salad with two cheeses, French-style peas, ... [All]