Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Clean and trim 8 fillets of red mullet, being careful to remove any remaining bones. Rinse and dry the fish, then salt and pepper on both sides.
- 2 min.Lightly flour the side without skin.
- 2 min.Use a large saucepn which is not non-stick (this is important for the sauce later).
Put on high heat and pour in 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- 4 min.When the oil is really hot, gently add the fish, skin-side downwards to start with.
Turn over after 2 minutes.
- 3 min.
- 3 min.Put the finely chopped 2 spring onions (scallions) into the fish pan and cook in what is left of the oil.
Salt and pepper lightly.
When the onions are just cooked, pour in 200 ml dry white wine all at once.
- 5 min.Deglaze by scraping the bottom of the pan, then leave to reduce by about 2/3. There should be very little liquid left.
- 1 min.Finish by adding a little chopped parsley and remove from the heat.