Step by step recipe:
- 40 min.Cook the sausage in a large pan of water for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size.
- 5 min.Slice, then cut into small pieces.
- 1 min.Melt a walnut-sized knob of butter in a large frying pan (ideally a pancake pan), once it is nice and hot.
Note: this knob of butter underneath is important as it gives a shiny golden colour to the pancake and crisps it a little.
- 3 min.Place a galette in the pan and break an egg into the centre.
- 3 min.Use a wooden spatula, to spread the egg white over the surface of the pancake until it is cooked (becomes opaque), but leave the yolk alone, and - above all - don't break it.
- 1 min.Arrange the pieces of sausage around the yolk.
- 1 min.Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 2 min.And fold the pancake over in half.
Leave like this for around 2 minutes, just long enough for the cheese to melt.
- 1 min.Slide onto the serving plate...
- 30 min.... and eat without delay.
Make all the pancakes like this.