Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 30 min.Add the 2 chicken breasts to the marinade, mix well and cover with plastic film. Leave to stand for at least 30 minutes.
Note: this can be done the day before and kept in the fridge.
- 15 min.Pour 2 tablespoonsful of the marinade into a frying pan on medium heat. When hot, add the chicken breasts.
Cook gently on each side over medium-to-low heat, pouring a little of the marinade over from time to time.
It is important not to overcook them. A thermometer is the best way to check this. Stop the cooking when the centre of the chicken breast reaches 80°C (176°F).
- 5 min.Remove the chicken from the pan and leave to wait on a plate, covered with aluminium foil.
- 5 min.Give the pan a quick wipe to clean it and return to the heat. Fry the thinly sliced 100 g belly (streaky) bacon.
- 2 min.When cooked, lay the bacon on absorbant paper.
- 5 min.
- 10 min.
- 5 min.Slice the chicken breasts.
- 5 min.Lightly toast the 2 slices of bread, spread with mayonnaise and arrange a layer of chicken on each one.
- 5 min.Cover with lettuce and onion.
- 5 min.Lightly toast the other 2 slices of bread and spread with mayonnaise.
- 2 min.Arrange the bacon on the sandwiches, then place the slices of bread on top and press down firmly.
- 3 min.Before serving, cut each sandwich in two diagonally.
Your club sandwiches are ready.
Remarks:If you prefer a softer sandwich, leave the bread untoasted.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Belly (streaky) bacon: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Meatballs, Rabbit terrine, Potato wallets, Sausagemeat, Bacon and cabbage omelette, ... [All]
- Sandwich bread: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Croque-monsieur, Genoese croque-monsieur, Pain perdu, Fried egg in bread, Eggs Benedict , ... [All]
- French dressing (vinaigrette): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Warm scallop and cabbage salad, Eggs with mayonnaise, Chicken and Avocado Salad, Lentil and cold-meat salad, Chickpea salad, ... [All]
- Mayonnaise: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Eggs with mayonnaise, Crunchy courgette and mushroom salad, Mimosa eggs, Crab Cakes, Coleslaw, ... [All]