Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.Put sorrel leaves into warm water with 1 tablespoon white (spirit) vinegar. Stir well, and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- 10 min.Remove sorrel from water, discard any discoloured leaves, and drain the remainder.
Your aim now is to remove stalk and central vein.
- 1 min.To do this, fold leaf in half lengthways...
- 1 min....and with scissors, cut along about 2/3 length.
- 20 min.Do this for all leaves, then dry them on a cloth or better still with a salad spinner.
Remarks:Sorrel is very delicate, it doesn't freeze well and cooking time should be as brief as possible.
Recipes which use it: 3
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- White (spirit) vinegar: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Poached eggs, How to prepare corn salad, Mackerel Fillets in White Wine, Beurre blanc sauce, How to prepare broccoli, ... [All]
- How to prepare sorrel: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sorrel soup, Salmon with sorrel, Herb salad, ... [All]