Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.Put 4 g gelatin to soak in cold water.
- 3 min.
- 8 min.Bring 180 g Fruit coulis (fruit purée) (unsweetened) to the boil in a saucepan on medium heat. This is a raspberry coulis.
- 2 min.Pour the scalding hot coulis onto the egg-sugar mixture wile stirring.
- 5 min.Pour the mixture back into the pan and bring back to the boil.
- 1 min.Turn off the heat, add the drained gelatin and mix well with the whisk.
- 15 min.Stand the pan in cold water and leave the mixture to cool to about 104°F (40°C).
- 3 min.Once the mixture has cooled to the right temperature, pour into a tall-sided container and add 70 g butter in small pieces.
- 1 min.Emulsify the mixture thoroughly with a blender.
- Your crémeux is now ready to be poured into the mould for your recipe.
Remarks:Regardless of what you may read elsewhere, crémeux is not a kind of confectioner's custard (french pastry cream) as it contains neither flour nor cornflour. It is more of an egg custard, though really in a class of its own.
Do be sure to use an unsweetened fruit coulis, or reduce the sugar in the recipe to compensate, or your crémeux will be too sweet.
Recipes which use it: 1
Source:Based on arecipe from the INBP (French national bakery institute).
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Fruit coulis (fruit purée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Warm apple feuillantines, Peach Melba, Fillings for macaroons, Half-cooked chocolate cake with raspberry coulis, Macarons (the original French macaroons) , ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée), Scrambled eggs with butter-fried bread and fresh spinach, Caramelised apple pie, Provençal colombier for Pentecost, Half-cooked chocolate cake with raspberry coulis, ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Naan, Chocolate tart, Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée), "BN style" chocolate-filled biscuits, Toasted almond cake, ... [All]
- Egg yolk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Blackcurrant, vanilla and lime verrine , Pistachio ice cream, Apple confectioner's custard, Ramekins of duchess potatoes, Chocolate and vanilla crème brûlée, ... [All]