Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.
- 3 min.Hit the excalopes with something like a saucepan, for example, to flatten them even further.
- 3 min.Cover each escalope with a layer of raw cured ham (Italian if possible).
Do not add any salt, just pepper.
- 3 min.Lay sage leaves on top.
- 2 min.Roll up the escalopes.
- Cur the rolls into bite-sized chunks...
- ...and secure with toothpicks (cocktail sticks) to stop them unrolling during cooking.
- 5 min.Prepare all the rolls like this.
- See how the different veal-ham-sage layers give the saltimbocca real eye appeal.
- 10 min.
- When fried, transfer to a plate and remove the toothpicks. Cover with aluminium foil to keep hot.
- 10 min.Next, make the sauce by putting the frying pan back on high heat with 200 ml dry white wine.
Salt, pepper and leave to reduce until it thickens.
- 1 min.Pop the saltimbocca back in the pan briefly for a moment in the hot sauce.
Remarks:The sage in this recipe is very important to give the saltimbocca their characteristic flavour. If you don't have any, it's better to leave the recipe for another time.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Veal : You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Veal Chop With Assortment of Vegetables, Spring veal sauté , Blanquette of veal, Paté en croute (terrine in a pie crust), Escalope of veal in a cream sauce, ... [All]
- Dry white wine: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Hot box cheese , Spaghetti with mussels and basil, Jura bread, Scallops with cabbage julienne, Béarnaise sauce, ... [All]
- Cured ham: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mediterranean toast, Sautéd mushrooms with spring onions and cured ham, Pasta with pesto and preserved tomatoes, Surprise eggs, Potato and two ham gratin, ... [All]