Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.
- 3 min.Hit the excalopes with something like a saucepan, for example, to flatten them even further.
- 3 min.Cover each escalope with a layer of raw cured ham (Italian if possible).
Do not add any salt, just pepper.
- 3 min.Lay sage leaves on top.
- 2 min.Roll up the escalopes.
- Cur the rolls into bite-sized chunks...
- ...and secure with toothpicks (cocktail sticks) to stop them unrolling during cooking.
- 5 min.Prepare all the rolls like this.
- See how the different veal-ham-sage layers give the saltimbocca real eye appeal.
- 10 min.
- When fried, transfer to a plate and remove the toothpicks. Cover with aluminium foil to keep hot.
- 10 min.Next, make the sauce by putting the frying pan back on high heat with 200 ml dry white wine.
Salt, pepper and leave to reduce until it thickens.
- 1 min.Pop the saltimbocca back in the pan briefly for a moment in the hot sauce.
Remarks:The sage in this recipe is very important to give the saltimbocca their characteristic flavour. If you don't have any, it's better to leave the recipe for another time.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Veal : You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Escalope of veal in a cream sauce, Sausagemeat, Paté en croute (terrine in a pie crust), Spring veal sauté , Blanquette of veal, ... [All]
- Dry white wine: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Langoustine gratin, Blanquette of veal, Scallops with cabbage julienne, Cheese tart, Cured Pork Belly With Lentils, ... [All]
- Cured ham: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Potato and two ham gratin, Cabbage julienne with ham, Mediterranean toast, New York style pasta, Surprise eggs, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Two-stage beef chuck , Fish in white wine, Prune Far, French onion soup, Stock-pot fish , ... [All]