Step by step recipe:
- 30 min.Prepare 400 g carrot and 400 g turnip. Cut into small dice about 1/2 cm (1/4 inch) across.
- 15 min.Cut 300 g green beans into 1/2 cm (1/4 inch) chunks.
- 10 min.If you are using fresh peas, shell them to give 300 g peas, otherwise, use this weight of frozen peas.
- 5 min.Bring a pan of salted water to the boil (1 tablespoon of coarse salt per liter of water). Tip in the diced carrots.
Leave to cook until tender.
- 3 min.
- 15 min.Cook and drain the other vegetables in turn the same way: turnips, green beans and peas.
Note: do not throw the cooking water away, as this is now a very good vegetable stock.
- 3 min.It is important to drain the vegetables throroughly. I advise you to give them a whirl, each in turn, in a salad spinner...
- ... then leave them to wait on a tea towel or on absorbant paper.
- 3 min.Finish your macédoine by mixing all the vegetables together with 100 g Mayonnaise.
Remarks:A macédoine (without mayonnaise) can also be use as a garnish or stuffing, in a fish or papillote, for example.
Recipes which use it: 2
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Carrot: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Couscous, How to slow cook meat, Fillet of pollack cooked in two stages, Beef braised in reduced red wine, Smooth mixed vegetable soup, ... [All]
- Turnip: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fish petals, vegetables julienne, and beurre blanc, The total turnip, Roast pork with sage, cooked in a bag., Stock-pot fish , Sautéed Pork with Peanuts, ... [All]
- Green beans: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Green beans with tomatoes, Icelandic-style fish and vegetable pie, French bean salad with vinaigrette , Salmon "en papillote" with small vegetables, Minestrone, ... [All]