Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.Pour in the butter; if possible, strain it through a fine strainer.
- 2 min.Then add 250 g flour.
Note: it is important to begin by pouring in the liquids to avoid forcing the blender motor.
- Mix on medium speed...
- 3 min....until the batter is evenly mixed.
- Your pancake batter is ready for use.
Remarks:If you do not have a blender, you can use a whisk.
You will find plenty of recipes that tell you to leave the batter to rest, but having tried both ways (resting / not resting), I have not found that it makes any difference.
A variation worth trying: replace half the flour with chestnut flour.
Recipes which use it: 3
Source:After Gaston Lenôtre.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Apricot blancmange, Potato Waffles with Smoked Salmon, Cherry clafoutis, Potato gratin, Gougères, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pitta bread, Chestnut cake, Biscuit de Savoie sponge cake, Cheese tart, Cannelés, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomato tatin, Scrambled eggs (Oeufs brouillés), Fried bread with leek and poached egg , Crêpes Suzette, Chaud-froid of grapefruit, pineapple and lime custard , ... [All]