Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.
- 1 min.Tip in half the icing sugar.
- 5 min.Mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- 5 min.Add more icing sugar a spoonful at a time, beating well each time.
Continue until you have a smooth paste which leaves a point when you lift the whisk out.
- Your royal icing is ready for use, to coat a cake or sweets, like calissons, for example.
Remarks:The proportions of egg white and sugar are fairly approximate. It is important to arrive at the right pasty texture, whatever weight of sugar you are using.
The lemon juice gives a brighter whiteness, but you can colour royal icing with a few drops of food colouring if you prefer.
Recipes which use it: 1
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: X-Files cookies, Stuffed prunes, Linzer torte, Moist Lemon Cake, Jam doughnuts, ... [All]
- Egg white: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Ice-cream Vacherin, Marzipan (almond paste), Eton mess, Almond tuiles, Peach and verbena feuilleté, ... [All]
- Lemon juice: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Strawberry, kiwi and mascarpone verrines, Red mullet fillets in a quick marinade, Chocolate mousse, Fillets of sole meunière, Tapenade, ... [All]