Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Allow to melt thoroughly while stirring.
- 3 min.
- 3 min.Pour the hot chocolate milk onto the egg and sugar mixture, while still stirring as before.
- 10 min.Once the cream is well mixed, pour through a fine strainer, preferably placed over a high-sided container.
Preheat the oven to 170°C (340°F).
Boil a full kettle or a large pan of water.
- 35 min.If froth has formed on the surface of the cream while standing, skim this off and discard.
Divide the cream between the ramekins, then stand them in a large deep oven tray or dish, or in the lèchefrite of your oven. Fill the tray with boiling water to come about halfway up the ramekins.
Cook for about 35 minutes, until the cream is just set but still trembling a little in the centre (it is important not to overcook this cream otherwise it will become stiff and start to dry out).
- 2 hoursLeave to cool then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Remarks:If you would like to make a little surprise cream, pour ¼ cm or ½ inch of real custard (crème anglaise) over the chocolate cream just before serving.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate cake, Scallops with cabbage julienne, Coconut-vanilla cream for Elsa , Crunchy verrines, Cherry clafoutis, ... [All]
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Little vanilla, clementine and chestnut verrines, Ciabatta, Doughnuts, Thin endive tart, Dipping bread with cheese, ... [All]
- Chocolate: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate mug cake, Nanou's chocolate cake, Chocolate almond cookies, Chocolate sauce, Millefeuille, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Crusty pistachio, almond and apricot flan, Pears and caramelised walnut samosas , Puits d'amour, Caramelized brioche with pear and kiwi, Minted Melon, ... [All]