Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.
- 2 min.
- 2 min.Add 100 g egg white to this mixture.
- 3 min.Mix thoroughly.
- 2 min.Pour in the melted butter...
- 2 min....and mix again.
- 3 min.
- 15 min.Bake for about 15 minutes. When the biscuits are brown around the edge and still pale in the centre, they are cooked.
If they cook unevenly (this depends on your oven, and is the case with mine), turn the baking sheet round as they finish cooking.
- 10 min.Now comes the tricky bit: rolling. Open the oven door, leaving it running, and lay a sheet of cooking parchment on the door.
Lift a biscuit off the baking sheet with a palette-knife and turn it upside-down onto the paper. Roll it up immediately around the pencil you prepared earlier.
- You can see how to roll the biscuits in this video.
- 5 min.Place the finished biscuits as you make them on a wire rack.
Your Cigarettes Russes are ready once they have cooled.
Remarks:You can flavour your biscuits by adding ground almonds, citrus zest, or a little orange or lemon juice to the mixture.
For thinner biscuits, use a little less mixture and spread it out into a circle with the back of a tablespoon or palette knife. This will make a thinner biscuit, but it will be a bit more difficult to roll up.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Amiens macaroons, Financiers, X-Files cookies, Little Christmas biscuits, Half-cooked chocolate cake with raspberry coulis, ... [All]
- Egg white: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Almond macaroon cake, Chocolate mousse with hazelnuts, Oat financiers for Louise, Eton mess, Nougat, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Little lemon biscuits, Oaty walnut cake , Pistachio "Financiers", Toasted-flour biscuits, Moist Lemon Cake, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate eclairs, Plain cake, Gâteau Breton (Brittany butter cake), Cheese Soufflé, Grated potato cakes, ... [All]