Step by step recipe:
- 4 hours 17 min.
- 15 min.Prepare 200 g strawberries and cut into 2 or 4 according to their size. Ideally the pieces should be about the same size as the meringues.
- 20 min.
- 3 min.Mix gently.
- And serve immediately.
Remarks:This dessert cannot be kept waiting otherwise the meringues go soft and it deteriorates into a "mess" worthy of the name!
The word "mess", used humorously here, originally came from the French word "mets" (dish).
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Strawberries: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Strawberries with mint and cream, Strawberry, kiwi and mascarpone verrines, Strawberry tart, Fraisier (French strawberry cake), Strawberry feuilleté, ... [All]
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Apple Batter Puddings, Pistachio ice cream, Rice and peas, French toast "cordon bleu", Pistachio tiramisu, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Passion fruit jellies, Pistachio tiramisu, Oatmeal cake, Apple Strudel, Blackcurrant liqueur, ... [All]
- Vanilla sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rice pudding (riz au lait), Cochelin d'Evreux, Cramique, Jam doughnuts, Stewed apricots, ... [All]