Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 3 min.
- 15 min.Knead on slow speed until the dough comes away from the sides of the bowl.
- 5 min.Then add the melted butter and continue kneading until this is well mixed in.
- 1 hourGather the dough into a ball, transfer to another bowl and cover with a plastic sheet.
Leave to rest for 1 hour.
- 5 min.After this time, pat out roughly by hand into a slab 1/2 cm (1/4 inch) thick.
- 5 min.Cut circles out of the dough with a cutter 5 to 6 cm (2 to 2.3 inches) in diameter.
- 1 hourPut into proper baba moulds, if possible, or arrange on a baking sheet. Cover with a plastic sheet and leave to rise until doubled in volume (about 1 hour).
- 20 min.Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Bake for about 20 minutes.
- 15 min.Leave to cool on a wire rack.
You will see how using proper baba moulds gives the characteristic central well.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Trim the rounded bottoms off the babas...
- 5 min....and put the into the syrup. If necessary, pour syrup over the top using a spoon so that they are thoroughly soaked.
- 5 min.Place each baba in a ramekin or small dish and fill the centre with Chantilly (whipped cream).
Your rum babas are ready to be enjoyed.
Remarks:You can very the flavour of the syrup by using a different alcohol (such as Macvin du Jura, a fortified wine) or fruit. Of course, they will no longer be rum babas, but will still be delicious.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: "Buttonhole" quail eggs, Fresh fruit in sabayon, Creamy risotto with diced vegetables and flax seeds, Mixed seed grissini, Ali Baba bread, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Coconut-vanilla cream for Elsa , Cherry clafoutis, Chaud-froid of grapefruit, pineapple and lime custard , Blackcurrant liqueur, Butter cream, ... [All]
- Chantilly cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Peach Melba, Millefeuille, Pavlova, Strawberry Charlotte, Apple charlotte with toasted brioche, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate sweetcrust pastry, Crackers, Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée), Nanou's tuna tart, Fish in a sesame crust, ... [All]