Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.Prepare 250 g Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream), but leave 1 handful fresh mint leaves in the hot milk to infuse for 15 minutes.
- 25 min.Then proceed as usual for confectioner's custard (French pastry cream).
You can add 3 drops food colouring (green) when cold.
- 15 min.
- 10 min.Prepare 250 g Chantilly cream.
- 5 min.Start to assemble dessert: in a glass put a layer of mint custard about 0.5 inch thick.
- 5 min.Add a layer of strawberries, at least twice as deep.
- 5 min.Finish with a layer of whipped cream.
- 5 min.Decorate with mint leaves and a small biscuit or cookie.
Serve without delay.
If you finish early, leave in the fridge, but for not more than half an hour.
Remarks:You can lighten the custard a little by gently folding into it ¼ of the whipped cream.
If you want to prepare in advance, make confectioner's custard the day before, but cut strawberries and whip cream at the last minute.
Tip for better keeping: the whipped cream layer should completely cover stramberries to protect from air and prevent oxydation.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chinois, Paris-Brest, Saint Honoré cake, St Tropez tart, Pains aux raisins, ... [All]
- Strawberries: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fraisier (French strawberry cake), Strawberry sorbet, You should not soak strawberries in water, Strawberry, kiwi and mascarpone verrines, Eton mess, ... [All]
- Chantilly cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: St Tropez tart, Strawberry Charlotte, Ice-cream Vacherin, Cranachan, Millefeuille, ... [All]