Step by step recipe:
- 48 min.Make stewed apples with 4 apples.
- 30 min.Prepare 3 tablespoons raisins, soak in 1 glass whisky for 30 minutes, then drain.
- 10 min.Toast 3 tablespoons flaked almonds in a frying pan or in the oven on a tray for just a few minutes. They should be pale golden brown.
Mix almonds, stewed apples and raisins but keep back a few almonds for decoration.
- 1 min.Lay out a pancake in front of you.
- 2 min.Trim off left and right edges.
- 2 min.Put some apple mixture along front edge of pancake.
- 1 min.Start to roll away from you for one turn.
- 1 min.Fold edges inwards...
- 2 min.And continue to roll one more turn.
- 1 min.Trim off excess pancake.
- 20 min.Set aside, putting rolls with the join underneath.
Heat serving plates.
- 3 min.Melt 3 tablespoons Clarified butter in a large pan, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
When lightly browned, gently put in each roll (join downwards) to stick it with caramel.
- 5 min.Continue, turning the rolls as they cook, until all are golden brown, being careful that they do not burn.
Then set aside, on a hot plate.
- 10 min.Put frying pan back on heat, pour in juice of 2 oranges, and Deglaze bottom of pan. Then leave to reduce until you are left with a kind of syrup.
Pour syrup over rolls on hot plates, and serve immediately.
Remarks:You can prepare everything the day before, but don't mix almonds into stewed apples too early, otherwise they lose their crunch.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Pancake: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Crêpes Suzette, Yvetot Douillons, ... [All]
- Apple: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Quince and apple compote, Norman flambéed apples, Apple charlotte with toasted brioche, Stewed apple (compote), Apple Pie, ... [All]
- Clarified butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chilli langoustines, Norman flambéed apples, Warm autumn salad, European glass, Fillets of sole meunière, ... [All]