Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.
Prepare the filling
Peel and chop 300 g mushrooms into small pieces.
- 4 min.Peel 2 spring onions (scallions).
Chop the white part finely, then chop the green leaves, but keep them separate.
- 1 min.
- 5 min.Using the same frying pan, pour in 3 tablespoons olive oil and, when hot, add the mushrooms.
Sauté until the mushrooms are well cooked. Salt and pepper only after cooking (otherwise they will give off a lot of liquid).
- 2 min.Mash 200 g cooked potato roughly with a fork.
- 1 min.Add the mushrooms, cooked onion, the raw greens and 1 tablespoon lemon juice, then check the seasoning.
Make the rolls
Lay a sheet of brik (or filo) in front of you. Place a "sausage" of filling near the edge.
- Roll up into a cylinder...
- ...folding in the sides from midway.
- Finish rolling up the pastry sheet.
- 10 min.Make all the rolls like this.
- 8 min.
Cook the rolls
Use a frying pan with a shallow depth of oil. When hot, add the rolls.
- Fry until browned all over, then drain on absorbant paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve piping hot on their own or with a side salad.
Remarks:You can add an egg to the filling to bind it, but this is not essential as not all potatoes need it.
Do feel free to add any herbs you like to the mixture, such as parsley, coriander or chives.