Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Cut 80 g smoked salmon into thin julienne ribbons.
- 3 min.Chop 2 hard-boiled eggs with a knife.
- 5 min.Chop the herbs (you will need about 3 tablespoonsful) and put these into a bowl.
I suggest a combination of parsley, chives, coriander and dill, but use what you have available.
- 1 min.Add 1 tablespoon French mustard, wholegrain if possible.
- 1 min.Add the salmon julienne...
- 1 min....the chopped hard-boiled eggs...
- 1 min....and mix thoroughly.
This should not need any extra salt, but you can add pepper.
- Lay a sheet of brik (or filo) on the work surface, then brush with olive oil.
- Lay a second sheet on top...
- ...and brush this with oil as before.
- Place 2 tablespoonfuls of filling near the edge of the pastry.
- 20 min.Then roll up neatly.
Use up all the filling like this.
- 3 min.Cut the rolls into sections.
- Push toothpicks (cocktail sticks) through the rolls to stop them unrolling during cooking. Stand them upright on a baking sheet.
- 8 min.Bake for about 7 or 8 minutes, until the brik or filo sheets are crisp.
Remarks:If possible, serve these crispy rolls piping hot, accompanied by a really cold cheese or savoury cream. The contrast is delightful.
Source:Based on a recipe by Laurent Morel.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Smoked salmon: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Smoked salmon sacristains, Surprise bread, Spaghetti with smoked salmon, Potato Waffles with Smoked Salmon, Potatoes with smoked salmon, ... [All]
- Sheet of brik pastry: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Chicken and mushroom brik rolls, Crispy potato and mushroom brik rolls, Pears and caramelised walnut samosas , Crispy spinach rolls, Spinach brik parcels, ... [All]
- Herbs of your choice: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Baked salmon fillet, Surf and turf club sandwich, Cucumber and salmon salad, Crunchy salad, Chicken and Avocado Salad, ... [All]
- Hard-boiled egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Leeks in vinaigrette , Lentil and cold-meat salad, Spinach and hard-boiled egg gratin, Gratin slices with spinach, Layered Leek and Egg Gratin , ... [All]