Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 5 min.Cut mushrooms into small pieces, set aside.
- 5 min.Peel and wash 2 spring onions (scallions), set aside.
- 5 min.Slice thinly and set aside.
- 5 min.Cut 2 slices cured ham into small pieces and reserve.
- 3 min.In a frying pan, pour 2 tablespoon olive oil and put on high heat until lightly smoking.
- 1 min.Add mushroom pieces, but don't salt,...
- 2 min....and cook, stirring continuously (or "sauter" if you know how) for 2 minutes. This is the secret of this recipe: you should not cook the mushrooms more than 2 minutes to keep both flavour and texture at their best.
- 1 min.After 2 minutes, remove frying pan from heat, salt and pepper, then pour in a strainer to drain mushrooms.
- 2 min.Meanwhile, pour the other 2 tablespoons olive oil into the pan on medium heat, and cook spring onions for 2 minutes stirring continously.
- 1 min.Add pieces of ham, a little salt, pepper, and cook 1 more minute, stirring the whole time.
- 2 min.Reduce heat and add mushrooms, mix well. It's just to reheat them, so 1 or 2 minutes maximum.
- 1 min.Remove from heat, add chives very finely chopped.
- 1 min.Mix well, Check seasoning.
- 5 min.Divide pan contents between plates, and serve immmediately.
Remarks:It's even better if you can get several kinds of mushrooms. This time I have only used oyster mushrooms, but adding chanterelles would be great.
In which case I suggest you cook each type of mushroom separately, in the same way (2 minutes), and put in the strainer one after the other. In this way each kind keeps its characteristic flavour, and the mixing happens at the last minute.
No spring onions? Just use normal ones.
Instead of ordinary cured ham, if possible use those amazing Spanish hams with their great taste.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Mushrooms: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Stuffed artichokes au gratin, Mushroom velouté, Nanou's tuna tart, Crispy potato and mushroom brik rolls, Melt-in-the mouth meat and vegetables in a sealed casserole, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Eggs with tomatoes and courgettes, Green avocado salad, Tomato meat balls, Sea bass with coriander cream en papillote, Pollack fillet baked with rice and vegetables., ... [All]
- Spring onion (scallion): You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Baked salmon fillet, French-style peas, Tartine du pêcheur , Beetroot salad with cashew nuts, Corn salad with croutons, ... [All]
- Cured ham: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Vegetable clafoutis, Pasta with pesto and preserved tomatoes, Cabbage julienne with ham, Saltimbocca, Surprise eggs, ... [All]