Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 5 min.Cut mushrooms into small pieces, set aside.
- 5 min.Peel and wash 2 spring onions (scallions), set aside.
- 5 min.Slice thinly and set aside.
- 5 min.Cut 2 slices cured ham into small pieces and reserve.
- 3 min.In a frying pan, pour 2 tablespoon olive oil and put on high heat until lightly smoking.
- 1 min.Add mushroom pieces, but don't salt,...
- 2 min....and cook, stirring continuously (or "sauter" if you know how) for 2 minutes. This is the secret of this recipe: you should not cook the mushrooms more than 2 minutes to keep both flavour and texture at their best.
- 1 min.After 2 minutes, remove frying pan from heat, salt and pepper, then pour in a strainer to drain mushrooms.
- 2 min.Meanwhile, pour the other 2 tablespoons olive oil into the pan on medium heat, and cook spring onions for 2 minutes stirring continously.
- 1 min.Add pieces of ham, a little salt, pepper, and cook 1 more minute, stirring the whole time.
- 2 min.Reduce heat and add mushrooms, mix well. It's just to reheat them, so 1 or 2 minutes maximum.
- 1 min.Remove from heat, add chives very finely chopped.
- 1 min.Mix well, Check seasoning.
- 5 min.Divide pan contents between plates, and serve immmediately.
Remarks:It's even better if you can get several kinds of mushrooms. This time I have only used oyster mushrooms, but adding chanterelles would be great.
In which case I suggest you cook each type of mushroom separately, in the same way (2 minutes), and put in the strainer one after the other. In this way each kind keeps its characteristic flavour, and the mixing happens at the last minute.
No spring onions? Just use normal ones.
Instead of ordinary cured ham, if possible use those amazing Spanish hams with their great taste.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Mushrooms: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Melt-in-the mouth meat and vegetables in a sealed casserole, Celeriac and mushroom gratin, Stuffed Mushrooms, Rustic chicken and mushroom pie, Rabbit with mustard, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rabbit with mustard, Pea risotto "mantecare", Special Parmesan baguettes, Lumberjack turnovers, Sautéed green vegetables, ... [All]
- Spring onion (scallion): You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Crispy prawn rolls, Crunchy spring salad, Warm cauliflower salad with two cheeses, Mushroom and artichoke omelette, Chickpea salad, ... [All]
- Cured ham: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Shallot confit tart, Surprise eggs, Cabbage julienne with ham, Potato and two ham gratin, New York style pasta, ... [All]