Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.
- 5 min.Start on slow speed and knead until the dough is evenly mixed.
- 1 hourGather the dough into a rectangular block, wrap in plastic film and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F).
Roll out the dough thinly (2 or 3 mm) using a rolling pin. The ideal width is about 15 cm (6 inches).
This the trickiest stage, as it is quite difficult to roll out...
- Cut across into pieces 1 cm wide...
- Then cut again lengthways.
Note: a rolling pizza cutter is ideal for this.
- 20 min.
- 10 min.Bake for around 10 minutes, watching for coloration. Do not let them brown too much.
Remarks:You can vary these crackers by adding seeds to the dough (sesame, millet, poppy) or a little grated cheese (Comté, Gruyère, Parmesan).
A tip to make life easier: if you have a pasta machine, it is ideal for rolling the dough thinly and evenly.
Source:Home made, based on an internet recipe.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rabbit civet "à la normande", Sauce Normande (for fish), Pitta bread, Chocolate madeleines, Bonnevaux apple tart, ... [All]
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: New hamburger buns, Blackcurrant, vanilla and lime verrine , Pizza dough, Pesto crackers, Bonnevaux apple tart, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Gâteau Breton (Brittany butter cake), New hamburger buns, Eggs en Cocotte à la Française, Flaky chocolate brioche, Sauce Normande (for fish), ... [All]