Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.Cook 300 g fish, preferably by poaching. Choose an inexpensive fish that is in season.
After cooking, break the fish into flakes and put into a salad bowl.
- 3 min.Cut 200 g bread into small cubes.
- 5 min.Melt 50 g Clarified butter in a frying pan on high heat. When good and hot, add the bread cubes.
Fry until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- 10 min.Prepare 400 g cauliflower (an elegant purple variety here).
- 4 min.Cook in a large saucepn of boiling salted water.
Do take care not to overcook the cauliflower - it should be only just tender.
Drain thoroughly after cooking.
- 3 min.Add the cauliflower to the bowl, then the croutons, the chopped parsley and 5 tablespoons French dressing (vinaigrette).
Mix well and serve immediately.
Remarks:You can, of course, use normal cauliflower instead of the purple variety; it will work just fine.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cauliflower: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Thaï rice with small vegetables, Crunchy spring salad, Paella, Creamy risotto with vegetables , Quartet of brassicas with cream , ... [All]
- Fish: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Seafood sauerkraut, Fish petals, vegetables julienne, and beurre blanc, Fish in a salt crust, Sushi, Quiche Bretonne, ... [All]
- Bread: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Baked leek and Camembert slices, Bread with Tomato , Tartine du pêcheur , Eggs meurette, Melting Epoisses on toast , ... [All]
- Clarified butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pears and caramelised walnut samosas , Warm apple feuillantines, European glass, Rolled chestnut and apple brioche, Norman flambéed apples, ... [All]