Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.Prepare 4 leeks, but keep the white part whole (don't split or chop them) then slice them about 2 cm or 1 inch thick.
Cut on the diagonal as this looks nicer (see photo).
- 5 min.Steam the leeks in a pressure cooker for five minutes, counting from when it starts to hiss.
- The idea is to have leeks which ar only just cooked and which keep as much of their colour as possible.
- 15 min.Shell 2 hard-boiled eggs and chop finely once cold.
- 2 min.Chop the parsley.
- 3 min.Mix 150 ml French dressing (vinaigrette) with the chopped eggs and herbs.
- 5 min.Serve the sliced leeks, preferably warm, with the vinaigrette dressing poured over.
Remarks:For a richer dressing, use 2 yolks to one egg white instead of whole eggs.
You can vary the herbs using any you choose, not just the usual parsley.
Source:Home made; my father's all-time favourite dish.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- French dressing (vinaigrette): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Alsatian-style salad, Warm chicken salad, Mixed salad stack, Eggs with mayonnaise, Warm Leek and Potato Salad, ... [All]
- Leek: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Leek and tuna loaf, Sautéed green vegetables, Cassoulet, Langoustine and leek tarts, Crispy potato galette with leeks, ... [All]
- Hard-boiled egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Caesar salad, Lentil and cold-meat salad, Mimosa eggs, White asparagus salad, Layered Leek and Egg Gratin , ... [All]