Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Cook 6 hard-boiled eggs.
When cold, cut a small slice off each side of the egg white so that it will sit firmly on the plate or dish.
- 2 min.Cut each egg in two lengthways.
- 2 min.Separate the two halves of white...
- 2 min.... from egg yolks.
- 5 min.Using a knife, chop up egg yolks.
- Continue until reduced to fine crumbs.
Note: Unlike many other recipes, I advise you not to use a fork for this, because you'll end up with a kind of paste (difficult to use) instead of crumbs.
- 2 min.
- 5 min.Prepare 250 g Mayonnaise, and add herbs and chopped egg yolks, keeping 2 tablespoons of yolk for garnishing.
- 10 min.Put this mayonnaise into a forcing bag arrange egg whites on a plate and fill generously .
Now you will appreciate the flat base you cut on the egg white earlier!
- 3 min.Divide remaining egg yolk over the tops. This is important because it's those small spots of yellow that give the name "mimosa".
If you have any herbs left over, use them to decorate the centre of the plate.
- 5 min.If you have some egg mayonnaise left over, make canapés by toasting a slice of bread, and when cold cut into pieces that then top with mayonnaise.
Note: the best bread for this is seed bread, a pure delight.
Remarks:For a more subtle taste, replace parsley with chervil.
If you don't have a forcing bag, use 2 teaspoons instead: 1 for taking mayonnaise from the bowl, and the other one to push it from the first one onto the egg whites.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Mayonnaise: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Vegetable tartare, Chicken club sandwich, Tomato ladybirds, Green Piedmont Salad, Cucumber and salmon salad, ... [All]
- Hard-boiled egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Green Piedmont Salad, Caesar salad, Layered Leek and Egg Gratin , Linzer torte, Salade Niçoise, ... [All]
- Chives: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tahitian style fish, Prawn salad with a crunch, Light herb sauce, Tomato ladybirds, Sautéed Pork with Peanuts, ... [All]
- Parsley: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Beans with tomatoes, Tomatoes Provençal, Piedmont salad, Red mullet fillets in a quick marinade, Cervelas salad, ... [All]