Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 3 min.
- 3 min.Start the mixer, or start to knead with your hands.
- 10 min.Add 4 eggs immediately, knead for 5 minutes until you get a completely smooth dough.
- 5 min.Stop kneading, then add 250 g butter cut into small pieces (butter at room temperature) or grated with a cheese grater (butter straight from the freezer).
- 10 min.Start to knead again until you get a homogeneous dough (approximately 10/15 minutes).
- 12 hoursPut the dough in a bowl, cover with plastic film, and refrigerate overnight.
- 1 hourNext day, make balls of dough, at the same time you can mix in raisins, chocolate chips, small pieces of sugar, etc...
Then cover with a plastic sheet, and leave to rise at room temperature until they double in volume (approximately two hours).
Preheat the oven to 200°C or 392°F
Using a brush, glaze the top of the dough with beaten egg yolk.
- 30 min.Cut crosses in the top of the balls and put in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée), Wiener Schnitzel, Elsa's Comtoise galette, Kouign-amann, Fish fillet with preserved lemons, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sauce Normande (for fish), Mushroom buckwheat pancakes, Nanou's chocolate cake, Langoustine sabayon tart, Provençal colombier for Pentecost, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pear compote , Saint Honoré cake, Corsican tarts, Kouign-amann brioche, Mirlitons, ... [All]