Step by step recipe:
- 6 hours 26 min.The method is very similar to the recipe of the leavened bread.
Mix water, salt, and leaven, add the special ingredients, then add the flour and yeast. Knead in the same way.
When shaping you can :
- Make a 1 kg loaf
- Cut the dough into lumps of 100 g to make small rolls or baps. If they are for a meal where you will serve several kinds, cut into lumps of 60/70 gr.
Note: For the best way to knead, see: A few tips for effective kneading at home.
Michotte ComtoiseMix together:
- 90 g of Comté, diced small
- 90 g Morteau sausage cooked and diced small.
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
Bread with bacon and sesameCook in a frying pan, with a tablespoon of olive oil
- 125 g small pieces smoked bacon
- 30 g sesame seeds
Seed breadMix together:
- 10g linseeds
- 10g black linseeds
- 10g sunflower seed
- 10g white sesame seeds
- 10g brown sesame seeds
- 10g millet
- 10g pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
And incorporate this mix at the appropriate stage (see above). Then add the 50g flour and a mix of 5 toasted grains (corn, rolled oats, rye, barley and rice) available in organic stores.
Chestnut breadProceed as for a normal bread, but use this flour mix:
- 150g sieved chestnut flour
- 400g white flour
Nothing else breadThis bread got this funny name because it's so filling it can be eaten on its own. It's Nicolas's original idea and name.
To make it, dice small and mix together:
- 120g Comté
- 120g Morteau sausage
- 120g onion, chopped the day before and soaked overnight in:
- 200g water which will be used to make the bread (note: it's not the usual quantity of water).
- 120g potatoes, parboiled in salted water
- 100g coarsely chopped walnuts or 50g sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons walnut oil
Rajah's breadIncorporate at the appropriate stage (see above)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons groundnut oil
- Raw, plain (unsalted if possible) and coarsely chopped:
- 50 cashew nut gr
- 50 pecan nuts gr
- 50g Brazil nuts
Bread from Brest (Brittany)When water is mixed with salt and leaven, add
- 30g rye flour
- 30g spelt flour
- 30g buckwheat flour
- 20g sieved chestnut flour
Supplement with 440g of plain white flour, then add:
- 20g sesame seeds
- 20g brown linseeds
Remarks:These special breads are delicious (your guests can change bread during the meal as they wish). For example try the seed bread with foie gras, it is a pure delight...
If you'd like more information making bread, you can consult this special page.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Liège waffles, Fish in a sesame crust, Spinach and Comté Loaf, Muffin dough, Panettone, ... [All]
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Benoîton, Mustard baps, French Family Cake, How to cook rice in rice-cooker, Houmous, ... [All]
- Leaven: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: New leavened bread, Benoîton, Sandwich bread, Panettone, Ocean bread, ... [All]
- Salt: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Involtini-Style Filet Mignon , Stuffed Mushrooms, Harvest Gratin, Sandwich bread, How to cook rice in rice-cooker, ... [All]