Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 8 min.
- 5 min.Peel 200 g mushrooms and cut into small dice.
- 5 min.Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into a frying pan on medium heat. When good and hot add the diced mushrooms.
Fry until browned, stirring frequently. Salt and pepper at the end of cooking after taking off the heat.
- 2 min.Cut 100 g Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan) into small dice.
- 1 min.Mix the onions, Parmesan and mushrooms.
- 2 min.
- 1 hour 30 min.
Make the Parmesan baguettesGather the dough into a ball, transfer to a large, clean bowl and cover with a plastic sheet.
Leave to rest for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- 20 min.After this, weigh out the dough into lumps of about 300 g and shape into balls.
Leave to rest for 20 minutes covered with a plastic sheet.
- 1 hourNext, roll the balls out into long sticks and lay in a baguette mould or tin.
Leave to rest for 1 hour, covered with a plastic sheet as before.
- 25 min.Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes at 250°C (480°F) until the baguettes are golden brown.
Note: As when baking any bread, you should ensure that the oven is filled with steam for the first 15 minutes of baking. This page shows you how; it really is the secret of golden-brown, crusty loaves..
Served sliced as an aperitif snack, for example, success is guaranteed!
Remarks:You will notice that the added goodies amount to nearly as much as the bread dough itself. This may seem a lot, but it is the secret that puts the "special" in a speciality bread.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Bread dough: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Special Cheese and Walnut Sticks, Surprise bread, Spring Bread, ... [All]
- Mushrooms: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mixed salad, Spaghetti with mushrooms, Rillettes stuffed mushrooms, Rabbit with mustard, Mushroom Pancakes au Gratin, ... [All]
- Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan): You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Spaghetti Carbonara, Caesar salad, Pesto, Tagliatelle and courgette spaghetti, carbonara style, Broad bean salad with Parmesan, ... [All]