Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Put into a food-processor bowl: 300 g flour, 11 g baking powder*, 130 g butter, 120 g brown sugar, 50 g caster sugar, 1 egg, 1 egg yolk and 1 pinch fine (or table) salt.
Add the zest of 1 lemon.
*Beware! This amount is for French baking powder, which is twice as strong as British! If you are using British baking powder, use 22g.
- 5 min.Knead in slow speed until the dough is thoroughly mixed.
- 1 hourRoll the dough into a cylinder and wrap in plastic film. Leave to rest in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
- 7 min.Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Slice the roll of dough fairly thinly. You can leave the slices in their rather squashed shape (like in the photos), or push them back into circles with your fingers.
- 25 min.Bake until the biscuits are golden (about 20-30 minutes).
Remarks:You can vary the flavour of these biscuits by using different citrus zest (orange, grapefruit, etc.).
Source:Based on a recipe by Mamazan.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Almond mug cake for Mary, Pesto crackers, Finger biscuits, Shortcrust pastry (pâte brisée), Cherry clafoutis, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cigarettes Russes (Piroulines), Baked apples from St Aubin le Vertueux, Couscous, Croque-monsieur gourmand, Gratin of chicken with rice and sautéed mushrooms, ... [All]
- Brown sugar: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate cereal bars, Quince and apple compote, Cookies, Flaky brownie brioche, Sweet pancake rolls from Brittany, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: "BN style" chocolate-filled biscuits, Apple confectioner's custard, French Family Cake, Shortcrust pastry (pâte brisée), Blackcurrant-almond muffins, ... [All]