Step by step recipe:
- 1 min.Pour 6 tablespoons oil into a pan on medium heat. When hot, add 50 g cashew nuts.
- 3 min.Fry the cashew nuts until lightly browned, stirring frequently...
- 1 min....then drain them and save the cooking oil for later.
- 2 min.Prepare the sauce by mixing 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar and 1 tablespoon Vietnamese fish sauce (nuoc mam).
If you enjoy spicy flavours, add some chilli to suit your own taste.
- 3 min.Pour 2 tablespoonsful of the cooking oil from the cashew nuts back into the same pan on medium heat. Add the chopped 2 spring onions (scallions) and 1 garlic clove and cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 7 min.Still using the same pan on medium heat, use 2 more tablespoonsful of the cashew nut cooking oil to fry 350 g chicken breast, cut into small dice.
- 1 min.When nicely browned, pour in the sauce...
- 1 min....the cashew nuts, onion, garlic and the herbs of your choice. Try if possible to include some lemon balm, it's important for that "Thai" flavour).
- 5 min.Leave the sauce to reduce a little, stirring frequently.
- Serve on a bed of plain white rice.
Remarks:If there is not enough oil left from cooking the cashew nuts, just use plain oil.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Chicken breast: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Warm chicken salad, Chicken breasts in a potato crust, Stuffed pumpkin gratin, Paella, Coq au vin, ... [All]
- Cashew nuts: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cauliflower curry, Crispy spinach rolls, ... [All]
- Oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Home-made potato crisps , Pancake batter, Rémoulade dressing, Chicken and mushroom brik rolls, Wiener Schnitzel, ... [All]