Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 12 hoursAdd 750 g chicken breast, pour 750 ml red wine over, cover with a plate and leave in the fridge to marinate overnight.
- 5 min.
First-stage cooking of meatNext day, drain the chicken breasts and dry on absorbant paper.
- 4 min.
- 3 min.
Cook the vegetablesDrain the vegetables and discard the bouquet garni.
- 2 min.Put the vegetables into the same pan in what is left of the oil (add a little more if necessary) and cook for one or two minutes,.
- 1 min.
Return the chicken to the pan and heat everything on high heat.
Pour in ½ glass Brandy (Cognac or Armagnac) all at once...
- 1 min....and set light to the cognac (flambé).
- 2 min.Once the flames are out, sprinkle 3 tablespoons flour over and mix in.
- 1 min.Pour in the wine from the marinade, salt and pepper, then turn down the heat and leave to simmer gently.
- 10 min.
Prepare the mushroomsMeanwhile, peel 300 g mushrooms and cut into small pieces.
- 4 min.Fry rapidly in the pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil...
- 1 min....then add to the simmering pan.
- 2 hours
Second-stage cooking of meatAfter cooking slowly for 2 hours, the wine will have reduced to give the coq au vin its delicious sauce.
Check the seasoning.
- Serve the coq au vin with your preferred accompaniment, such as the sautéed potatoes shown here.