Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
Marinate the tunaCut 300 g fish fillet (preferably tuna) into large dice.
- 2 hoursPrepare the marinade by mixing 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 3 tablespoons vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil and pepper.
Add the cubes of tuna to the marinade, mix well, cover and leave in the fridge to marinate for 2 hours.
Note: This marinade can be made the day before.
- 5 min.
Coat the tuna cubesPut 4 tablespoons curry powder on a small plate.
Put 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs on another small plate.
Beat 2 eggs quickly in a small bowl.
- Dip a cube of tuna in the beaten egg.
- Roll in curry powder until well coated.
- 10 min.Prepare all the tuna cubes like this.
- Dip a cube in the beaten egg again.
- Roll in breadcrumbs until well coated.
- 10 min.Coat all the tuna cubes like this.
- 10 min.Pour 8 tablespoons oil into a frying pan on medium heat. fry the cubes until browned all over.
Serve without delay with a salad of grated carrot, for example.
Remarks:An interesting combination of flavours is to serve these tuna cubes with something fresh and tangy, such as the carrot salad shown in the photos.
This recipe was devised for tuna, but you could use another fish - salmon, for example - if you prefer.
You will notice that there is no added salt in this recipe. This is because the soy sauce in the marinade, and the curry powder are already salty enough.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Fish fillet: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Mexican ceviche, Fisherman's Ragout, Fillet of pollack cooked in two stages, Red sea bream fillets in a soy-sauce marinade, Rosemary steamed fish, ... [All]
- Oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: French toast "cordon bleu", Quiche Lorraine, Chicken breasts in a potato crust, Caramelized Onions, Fillet of beef in a rosemary crust, ... [All]
- Curry powder: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Cauliflower curry, Quick prawn curry, Papadums, Curried prawn risotto, Quick chicken curry, ... [All]
- Breadcrumbs: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Fish in a seed crust, Crunchy little pieces of fish, Tomatoes Provençal, Wiener Schnitzel, Sesame fried scampi, ... [All]