Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.
Pre-fry the medallionsCut 400 g pork loin into medallions (fairly thick slices), allowing 2 or 3 per person.
Salt and pepper on both sides.
- Use a frying pan that is not non-stick (this is important for the sauce later on). Put on high heat and pour in 3 tablespoons olive oil.
When really hot, add the pork medallions.
- 7 min.Fry until browned on both sides...
- 2 min.
- 2 min.
- 5 min.Add the chopped onion, mix well and leave to reduce by about half.
- 3 min.Then add 250 ml liquid cream, the leaves chopped at the last minute, then salt and pepper.
Leave to reduce for 2 or 3 minutes...
- 1 min....then add 2 tablespoons French mustard, mix well and check the seasoning.
- 10 min.Return the medallions to the pan with any juices that may have run out onto the plate. Leave to simmer gently in the sauce on low heat.
- 20 min.Meanwhile, prepare whatever you will be serving with the pork. Here it is fried sliced potatoes.
- Heat the plates. Serve the medallions with your choice of accompaniment and the sauce poured over.
Garnish with a sprig of tarragon.
Remarks:This recipe can be adapted easily for other cuts of meat, so do feel free to experiment.
It is important to chop the tarragon at the last minute (step 8), otherwise it will rapidly lose its flavour if kept waiting after it is chopped.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Pork loin: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mexican-style pork medallions , Sautéed Pork with Peanuts, Involtini-Style Filet Mignon , Larded pork tenderloin, Pork medallions with "full" turnips, ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Endive and beer soup, Turnip and sesame puree (tahina) soup, Pistachio ice cream, Thin endive tart, Pain perdu, ... [All]
- Dry white wine: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Turban of sole with langoustines, Creamy risotto with diced vegetables and flax seeds, Fillets of sole Dieppoise, Hot box cheese , Polenta with spinach and soft-poached egg, ... [All]