Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.
Pre-fry the medallionsCut 400 g pork loin into medallions (fairly thick slices), allowing 2 or 3 per person.
Salt and pepper on both sides.
- Use a frying pan that is not non-stick (this is important for the sauce later on). Put on high heat and pour in 3 tablespoons olive oil.
When really hot, add the pork medallions.
- 7 min.Fry until browned on both sides...
- 2 min.
- 2 min.
- 5 min.Add the chopped onion, mix well and leave to reduce by about half.
- 3 min.Then add 250 ml liquid cream, the leaves chopped at the last minute, then salt and pepper.
Leave to reduce for 2 or 3 minutes...
- 1 min....then add 2 tablespoons French mustard, mix well and check the seasoning.
- 10 min.Return the medallions to the pan with any juices that may have run out onto the plate. Leave to simmer gently in the sauce on low heat.
- 20 min.Meanwhile, prepare whatever you will be serving with the pork. Here it is fried sliced potatoes.
- Heat the plates. Serve the medallions with your choice of accompaniment and the sauce poured over.
Garnish with a sprig of tarragon.
Remarks:This recipe can be adapted easily for other cuts of meat, so do feel free to experiment.
It is important to chop the tarragon at the last minute (step 8), otherwise it will rapidly lose its flavour if kept waiting after it is chopped.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Pork loin: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Loin of pork with herbs and julienne vegetables , Mexican-style pork medallions , Pork medallions with "full" turnips, Larded pork tenderloin, Involtini-Style Filet Mignon , ... [All]
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Layered Leek and Egg Gratin , Black Forest gateau, Household cake (Gâteau de ménage), Pan-fried scallops and chanterelles with Noilly Prat sauce, Filo leeks and cheese tart, ... [All]
- Dry white wine: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cod loin with saffron, Béarnaise sauce, Scallops with crunchy vegetables and wine sabayon, Tomato meat balls, Pork chops in the oven, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pesto, Crispy prawn rolls, Alsatian-style salad, Home-made doner kebab, Pollack fillet baked with rice and vegetables., ... [All]