Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.
Pre-fry the medallionsCut 400 g pork loin into medallions (fairly thick slices), allowing 2 or 3 per person.
Salt and pepper on both sides.
- Use a frying pan that is not non-stick (this is important for the sauce later on). Put on high heat and pour in 3 tablespoons olive oil.
When really hot, add the pork medallions.
- 7 min.Fry until browned on both sides...
- 2 min.
- 2 min.
- 5 min.Add the chopped onion, mix well and leave to reduce by about half.
- 3 min.Then add 250 ml liquid cream, the leaves chopped at the last minute, then salt and pepper.
Leave to reduce for 2 or 3 minutes...
- 1 min....then add 2 tablespoons French mustard, mix well and check the seasoning.
- 10 min.Return the medallions to the pan with any juices that may have run out onto the plate. Leave to simmer gently in the sauce on low heat.
- 20 min.Meanwhile, prepare whatever you will be serving with the pork. Here it is fried sliced potatoes.
- Heat the plates. Serve the medallions with your choice of accompaniment and the sauce poured over.
Garnish with a sprig of tarragon.
Remarks:This recipe can be adapted easily for other cuts of meat, so do feel free to experiment.
It is important to chop the tarragon at the last minute (step 8), otherwise it will rapidly lose its flavour if kept waiting after it is chopped.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Pork loin: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Larded pork tenderloin, Mexican-style pork medallions , Sautéed Pork with Peanuts, Involtini-Style Filet Mignon , Loin of pork with herbs and julienne vegetables , ... [All]
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sea bass with coriander cream en papillote, Pan-baked hash brown (Hash-brown casserole), Maroilles cheese quiche, Rustic chicken and mushroom pie, Artichoke hearts forestier , ... [All]
- Dry white wine: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Hot box cheese , Seafood sauerkraut, Spaghetti with smoked salmon, Pork chops with a duo of brassicas, Pan-fried salmon with white cabbage, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Eggs with tomatoes and courgettes, Confit of carrots with bacon, Tomato foccacia, Surprise eggs, Mushroom and artichoke omelette, ... [All]