Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Cut 225 g butter in small pieces, let stay at ambient temperature.
- 5 min.Scale 325 g egg, you don't need to be very very precise, adjust to 1, more or less, egg.
- 3 min.
- 15 min.Kneed at low speed for 10 to 15 minutes, dough is ready when it stop to stick to the bowl.
- 10 min.Add butter, still at low speed, in several times...
- ...until it is completely incorporated.
- 1 hourPour the dough on your working surface, make a rough ball with it, put in a bowl covered by a plastic sheet, and let stay for 1 hour in a warm place..
- 3 min.After this time pour the dough on the working surface, fold it on itself.
- Upside down this "pillow".
- 12 min.Put back to the bowl, cover with plastic sheet and let stay for the night in the fridge.
- 3 min.On tomorrow, pour the dough on the working surface, and press on it with your hands.
- 10 min....and scale pieces of dough for your final recipe: 50g pieces for a nanterre brioche for example, or bigger ones for other recipes.
- 5 min.Spread each pieces.
- Fold on itself.
- And roll in ball.
- 30 min.Put the balls of dough on a baking sheet, cover with a plastic sheet, and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- 5 min.Spread again each balls...
- ...and roll again in balls.
Your brioche dough is ready to use...
- ...in the recipe of your choice.
Remarks:Tips for incorporating butter into the dough: instead of letting it soften at room temperature, put it in the freezer, and then grate it frozen into the bowl.
Recipes which use it: 11, of which:
Source:From Thomas Marie.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Naan, Tomato foccacia, Fish in a sesame crust, Oat financiers for Louise, Biscuit de Savoie sponge cake, ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fresh pasta dough, Koulibiak in pie dish, New hamburger buns, Green asparagus omelette, Nanou's chocolate cake, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomato tatin, Spinach and Comté Loaf, French croissants, Muffin dough, Choux pastry (pâte à choux), ... [All]