Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Cut 225 g butter in small pieces, let stay at ambient temperature.
- 3 min.
- 11 min.Kneed at low speed for 3 minutes, then 8 minutes at medium speed.
- 1 min.
- 15 min.Kneed at medium until dough stop to stick to the bowl (10-15 minutes usually).
- 1 min.Add butter.
- 10 min.Kneed at medium speed until butter is fully incorporated.
- 1 hourCover dough with plastic film, and let stay 1 hour at ambient temperature.
- After this time dough has inflated, starting fermentation, which is good.
- 2 min.Remove plastic film and stretch the dough by lifting it up and letting it suddenly drop. This will remove all the fermentation gas.
- 12 hoursPut back film on top, and put in the fridge for the night.
- 2 min.The day after, dough has inflate a bit, get cold, and can now be manipulated.
Pour the dough on your working surface with some flour on it.
- 2 min.Spread the dough using your hand.
- 5 min.Cut stripes of dough, and cut those stripes in pieces of the chosen weight.
- For example 40 grams pieces to make a Nanterre brioche...
- ... or 250 grams pieces for brioche pies.
- 30 min.
Remarks:It's more easy to succeed in making good brioche by using a special flour, strong in gluten, called "Farine de gruau". If you can't have this one, try to use a T45 flour.
Recipes which use it: 11, of which:
Source:From Thomas Marie.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: French onion soup, Prune Far, Langoustine sabayon tart, Sweet pastry, Linzer torte, ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Hamburgers, Lemon Mayonnaise, Household cake (Gâteau de ménage), Eggs in tomato shells, Cornmeal baps for Anne, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Kouign-amann, Flaky brownie brioche, Brioche feuilletée (flaky brioche), Linzer torte, Rolls of fish in smoked ham, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tea and white chocolate biscuits, Raspberry muffins, Quick orange marmalade, Nanou's chocolate cake, Ice-cream Vacherin, ... [All]