Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Prepare your moulds: you can use either pastry rings, or silicon moulds.
In either case, cut out strips of cooking parchment which are 1 cm or 0.5 inch deeper than your moulds/rings.
- 10 min.Place a paper strip around the inside or each ring or mould. If they are rings (bottomless) stand them on another square of cooking parchment.
Preheat oven at 180°C or 356°F.
- 5 min.
- 10 min.
- 3 min.
- 5 min.Beat together for around 4 or 5 minutes...
- ... until the mixture forms "ribbons", i.e. which while pouring it runs rather like a flat ribbon.
- 3 min.
- 2 min.Mix well.
- 2 min.Pour onto this mixture 5 or 6 tablespoons of beaten egg.
- 2 min.Mix well.
- 2 min.Then pour the whole into the remaining beaten eggs.
- 3 min.Mix well the mixture resembles chocolate mousse.
- 5 min.Pour mixture into the moulds to about ¾ the depth, and place 3 raspberries on top.
- 9 min.Put in the oven for 8 to 9 minutes.
- 5 min.Important: the whole point of this recipe is that the cake should only be half cooked, if not it's just a traditional chocolate cake.
At the end of the 9 minutes, tap the top of the cake, if it's a little bit crusty, it's done: take out of the oven, because it will continue cooking a little while afterwards.
The cakes can be turned out as soon as you can touch them.
- 5 min.Serve on a plate, sprinkled with a little icing sugar, surrounded by raspberry coulis and decorated with mint leaves.
Remarks:You can replace raspberries with strawberries, or more surprisingly by blackcurrants.
If you do not have a coulis, you can quickly prepare a "mash of fruits" by mixing and crushing the fruits (raspberries, cut in small pieces, wild strawberries, currants...) summarily with a fork.
Source:From Frédéric Beau.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Chocolate: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: "BN style" chocolate-filled biscuits, Chocolate mousse, Millefeuille, Chestnut Fudge Cupcakes, Chocolate mug cake, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate mousse, Spinach on toast with bechamel, Layered Leek and Egg Gratin , Baked Mont d'Or with diced mixed vegetables, Caribbean upside-down cake, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Strawberry feuilleté, Foie gras cured in salt, Panettone, Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream), Apple charlotte with toasted brioche, ... [All]