Step by step recipe:
- 1 min.Roughly cut 1 handful fresh mint leaves with scissors into a cup.
- 1 min.Pour on 4 tablespoons of sugar syrup and leave to stand (while preparing peaches) until the syrup takes on the flavour of the mint.
- 5 min.Peel and to poach 8 peaches.
- Over a bowl, take a peach in your hand and cut off small pieces with a knife, without going right to the stone.
We don't use immedieately around the stone as this flesh is less sweet.
- 10 min.
- 2 min.Pour mint syrup over peaches through a fine strainer to remove mint leaves which you can discaed.
- 1 min.Add more sugar syrup until peaches pieces are well covered.
Cover with plastic film, and keep in the fride until serving.
- You can serve in individual bowls, with a few mint leaves for decoration.
Remarks:The secret of this recipe is in the quality and flavouro f the peaches, take best flavoured you can find, different kinds if possible: yellow, white, vine, etc.
If you lke a stronger mint flavour, you can make an infusion. For this: put chopped mint leaves in a pan, with sugar syrup, over low heat and bring to the boil. When boiling, remove from heat, cover and leave to cool. Add to peaches through a strainer as in the classic recipe.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Sugar syrup: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fruit salad, Strawberry sorbet, Pavlova, Raspberry sorbet, Passion fruit jellies, ... [All]
- Peach: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Little caramelized peach tarts, Peach and verbena feuilleté, Peach and blackcurrant coupe, Coupe Augustin, Peach Melba, ... [All]
- Lemon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Endives "bonne femme", Cucumber and salmon salad, Chorba, Fruit coulis (fruit purée), Lemon creams, ... [All]
- Fresh mint leaves: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Marinated tuna with herbs, Fresh mint ice-cream, Framboisier, Strawberry-mint sorbet, Chicken nems, ... [All]