Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.Add 50 g Pistachio powder or paste and the chopped pistachios. Knead for a further 1 or 2 minutes to mix well.
- 2 hoursGather the dough into a large flat cake, wrap in stretch plastic film and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours (the dough can be prepared the day before you want to use it and left overnight).
- 15 min.
- 20 min.You can use a different shape of cutter. The one I am using here is traditionally used for calissons.
Place a whole pistachio on the top and press in gently.
Bake for around 20 minutes.
Remarks:To bring out the pistachio flavour even more, you can add a drop of pistachio essence to the dough, but this is not essential.
As usual with shortbread-style biscuits, do be careful not to overcook them.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Corsican tarts, Financiers, Chocolate eclairs, Cheese Soufflé, Wiener Schnitzel, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Roasted Cauliflower, Cigarettes Russes (Piroulines), Mushroom velouté, Artichoke hearts forestier , How to prepare cockles, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Little caramelized peach tarts, Mulled wine Belle-Plagne style, Fresh fruit in sabayon, Checkerboard biscuits, Clafoutis "Marie-Antoinette", ... [All]