Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.Add 50 g Pistachio powder or paste and the chopped pistachios. Knead for a further 1 or 2 minutes to mix well.
- 2 hoursGather the dough into a large flat cake, wrap in stretch plastic film and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours (the dough can be prepared the day before you want to use it and left overnight).
- 15 min.
- 20 min.You can use a different shape of cutter. The one I am using here is traditionally used for calissons.
Place a whole pistachio on the top and press in gently.
Bake for around 20 minutes.
Remarks:To bring out the pistachio flavour even more, you can add a drop of pistachio essence to the dough, but this is not essential.
As usual with shortbread-style biscuits, do be careful not to overcook them.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pizza dough, Four quarters, Red mullet fillets with a reduced white-wine sauce, Génoise (Genoa sponge), Tomato tatin, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rosemary steamed fish, Sicilian Epiphany Pie, How to prepare spinach, Nicholas's fish, Italian toast, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Poaching syrup, Pistachio custard tart, Galette Charentaise, Meringues, Caramelised walnuts, ... [All]
- Pistachios: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Chocolate Truffles, Pistachio powder or paste, Moist cereal bars, Chocolate thins with toasted nuts, Mini apricot and pistachio brioches, ... [All]