Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.
- 20 min.Wash 400 g plums, cut in half and remove stones.
- 2 min.Pour 3 tablespoons caster sugar onto plums, and mix well...
- 1 hour... then tip into a strainer and leave to stand for about 1 hour.
We do that to remove some of the plum juice, which would otherwise make the tart too soggy.
- 5 min.Preheat oven to 390°F (200°C).
Remove tart from fridge and spread 300 g Almond cream or frangipane in an even layer.
- Arrange plums on almond cream in a circle starting at the edge...
- 10 min....and working inwards to centre.
- 40 min.Put in the oven for about 40 minutes.
If possible, eat while still warm.
- You can see the full recipe in this small video.
Remarks:For a richer dessert (which I love), serve it with vanilla ice cream and a little whipped cream (crème chantilly).
It's quite important to use slightly sour plums, the taste really is superior, otherwise with greengages, for example, the taste will be rather dull.
You will probably read in other recipes that you should put plums the other way up in the tart to avoid too much juice flowing out. After making the tart both ways, I'm not really convinced, but of course you could try it.
Source:Home made, and warmly dedicated to Denis and Chantal who produce the best Grenoux plums in the world.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Plums: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Stewed plums, ... [All]
- Almond cream or frangipane: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Brioche slices with almond cream, Pear tart with almond cream, Rhubarb tart, Exotic fruit tart, Apricot and almond cream tart, ... [All]
- Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Strawberry tart, Lemon Tart / Meringue Pie, Flaked almond tart, Chocolate tart, Little lime tarts, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Caramelised apple pie, Home-made terrine of foie gras, Pancake batter, Toffee apple upside-down cake, Chaud-froid of grapefruit, pineapple and lime custard , ... [All]